Sunday, February 7, 2010

JAI3 Sketch Challenge

This weeks JUST ADD INK has a sketch challenge for us. I had an instant idea for this card, as soon as I saw the sketch. Mind you it has still taken me a while to make my card. I do like my end result except the GRRRR......Birds, I slipped while doing them. Not to worry. I have included a pic of the inside of my card. I hope my card is a pleasing to you. Good luck all.

(FRONT OF CARD)


(INSIDE CARD)

While I was making this card I realisd I needed a card for a 3yr boy as my 3yr girl had her 1st birthay party invite. I was checking out all the entries so far in this challenge. Then I came across the best card for this little boy, who had given my daughter a Jungle Animal Invitation.I want to make it CLEAR the next card is NOT an entry to this challenge. My entry is the above card. The credit for this card is inspired by LOUISE. Thanks so much!
Sorry I forgot to add the products used on JAI3 ENTRY:-
I used a generic brand pale blue card stock for the base of the card. I then used SU Bashful Blue chalk as well as a dab of other SU Blue chalks, on a scrunched up strip of the same blue card as the base. I then applied a layer of SU Crystal effects. The purpose was to create a water look. I then used some craft cork under the water strip to represent sand. I stamped this with the 'Delight' stamp from the SU Life Definitions Set. Everyone knows a sunset is a 'DELIGHT'.
I also cut a circle out of the middle of the front of the card and placed a generic yellow circle on the inside of the card. When the card is opened you can see a sunflower. I used SU Summer Sun Chalk on the petals and also on the front of the card to create sun rays. I have dotted around the edge of the front of card with SU Crystal Effects and once dry I used the SU Silver Uni-ball pen and placed silver dots in the middle of each dot. In the centre of the SUN/SUNFLOWER, I have used the 'Happy Birthday' stamp out of the SU 'Thinking Happy Thoughts" Set. To make the middle of the card match the front, I used the SU Scallop Punch to make a cork border. SU Chocolate Chip ink used for all stamps. That's all folks. LOL

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Is that cork you've used? It looks so bright and summery. I really like the sunshine rays you have bursting across the sky too. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card; very cheery! Love the use of cork, and the 'dotty' border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cork for the look of sand and how you've done the water with crytal effects!! Pretty clever, Naomi and I love the name of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Naomi your card for the challenge is lovely. Your jungle card is fab too, totally cute. Thanks for the credit and the link to my blog too it is really nice to have my card appreciated and cased, total headswell.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naomi, your card is so sweet. Love kid cards! hehe. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card, so perfectly beachy, its great

    ReplyDelete